Terms & Conditions
The use of this website is governed by these Terms & Conditions. By accessing this website or making any purchases from Exton Park Vineyard LLP (hereby referred to as “Exton Park Vineyard”), you agree to be bound by these Terms & Conditions.
Exton Park Vineyard reserves the right to change, modify, substitute or remove, without notification, any information on this site as necessary. We may amend these Terms & Conditions periodically by updating this page.
2. CUSTOMER SATISFACTION
Exton Park Vineyard is dedicated to providing a high level of customer service and will adhere strictly to the current legislation and regulatory guidelines which govern the use of this website and the products we offer.
If you are dissatisfied with our products or services in any way, please do not hesitate to contact us using the information on the ‘Contact Us’ page. We shall endeavour to address any issues as soon as possible.
We take your security very seriously. All order information is sent to us online via a secure server that uses secure SSL encryption technology. Your payment details are only handled by Lloyds Bank Cardnet are not stored on our website or on our own internal systems. The payment process is also PCI DSS compliant and the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standards are a set of mandatory security requirements designed to ensure that merchants process, transmit and store cardholder data securely.
4. DATA PROTECTION
Exton Park Vineyard is committed to protecting your privacy. Any information collected about you, either during the registration or transaction processes, will only be used lawfully and in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998.
We do not sell personal information collected by the website to any third party. Transfer of personal data for data processing is only made to Google Analytics, WordPress or MailChimp. These third-party data processors are outside the EU. Notwithstanding this, we are under a duty to disclose or share your information to comply with any legal obligations.
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. Exton Park Vineyard have no control over the content of these sites, and are no longer responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide having left our site by following any of these links. As such the use of these websites is not governed by this privacy statement.
When you visit some areas of our site, a ‘cookie’ will be placed on your computer. This is a small file that enables us to optimize the quality of your visit to our site. Any information gathered by the cookie is used solely for statistical analysis by Google analytics, age verification and for the shopping basket. The age verification and basket cookies expire when you close your browser window. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data which you choose to share with us. You may be able to set your web browser to reject cookies, although this may affect the quality of your visit.
5. PRODUCTS & AVAILABILITY
All items are subject to availability. Where possible, customers will be notified of the availability of each product on the ‘Shop’ page. In the event that goods you have ordered are not in stock we will contact you by email as soon as possible and advise you of any alternative purchase options. If these options are not satisfactory we will refund the full amount of any monies paid.
6. PRICE & PAYMENT
Prices quoted on this website are in Pound Sterling and are provided on a per bottle basis, and are inclusive of Value Added Tax at the current rate, and any other applicable taxes and duties. Prices per bottle quoted on this website do not include delivery charges, which are charged as an extra, as outlined, and added to the total amount payable during the checkout stage. Prices will be adjusted for any specified discount during the checkout stage of the transaction process. The total cost of your order is the price of the products and delivery charges.
We accept payment by Visa, Electron, Solo, Maestro, MasterCard and JCB. You will need to include all card information relevant to your form of payment. We regret we cannot accept payment made by cheque. Please ensure the payment details you provide are correct. We cannot be held responsible for any delay caused by incorrect or invalid payment details being given.
7. CANCELLATION & RETURNS
You may cancel your order without any given reason at any time within 7 days of delivery, by contacting Exton Park Vineyard by email or telephone using the information provided on the ‘Contact Us’ page.
We cannot accept any cancellation which falls outside of that period, or which is made by any means other than those specified above. Any goods returned to Exton Park Vineyard must remain unused and the packages or boxes unopened. The recipient must take reasonable care of the goods until their return, and must themselves undertake to pay any delivery charges incurred in the return of any goods.
8. DELIVERY POLICY & CLAIMS
Goods purchased will be dispatched by Exton Park Vineyard as soon as possible.
Exton Park Vineyard uses a courier company for all deliveries, who will aim to deliver within 1 or 3 working days, according to the delivery option you choose. Exton Park Vineyard cannot be held responsible for any delay in delivery once the goods have been collected by the courier. Goods can only be delivered within the UK.
The courier company will require a signature on delivery unless you have nominated a safe place to leave the order if you are not present.
Claims for breakages or any other damage must be made to the carrier at the point of delivery and followed up in writing to Exton Park Vineyard within three days of receipt. We will be unable to offer refunds on orders for breakages or other damage if you have not notified us within this period.
9. AGE RESTRICTIONS
It is an offence for persons under the age of 18 to purchase alcohol. By placing an order you confirm that you are over 18 years old. Exton Park Vineyard reserves the right to pass on purchaser information to third parties where this is required by law.
10. WEBSITE USE
By using this website and agreeing to be bound by these Terms & Conditions, you acknowledge that Exton Park Vineyard own or are licensed to use all copyrights, database rights, trademarks and other intellectual property rights in any part of this website or in any area of the business of Exton Park Vineyard.
Any persons, individual or corporate, must obtain prior consent from Exton Park Vineyard before using this website, its constituent parts and pages, or any of its content in any manner, other than in accordance with these Terms & Conditions.
11. LAW & JURISDICTION
These Terms & Conditions shall be governed and construed in accordance with the laws of England and shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.
12. EXTON HUNDRED MEMBERS
All members of our Exton Hundred Club must abide by Exton Park’s House Rules. These are set out below:
1. Each member contracts with Exton Park Vineyard LLP which, for the purposes of these Club Rules, will be referred to as the “Exton Hundred”. Where the term “Public Spaces” is used, this is limited to The Great Hall and The Mezzanine.
2. By completing and submitting your membership form via the link we will send you, you agree to be bound by these House rules. The Membership Committee meets annually and shall have sole discretion as to who shall become a member of the Exton Hundred. You are free to withdraw your membership at any time. Should you wish to do so, please contact our membership team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
3. Cashless payments – We operate a cashless payment policy.
4. Membership database – It is important for us to have your current details. By
becoming a member of The Exton Hundred, you agree that we can hold your personal details to use in connection with your membership.
5. Membership cards – All members will be issued with a membership card which must be brought with you whenever you are on the Exton Park estate. This will include your individual membership number. Please notify us immediately if your membership card is lost or stolen.
7. Guests – With prior notice, members may bring up to two guests for a meeting in the public spaces. Members may also invite their own guests when hiring out specific rooms. The names and total number of all guests must be provided to the Exton Park team.
8. Children – While Exton Hall is designed as an adult space, children over 16 are welcome to accompany members in the public spaces with prior notice.
9. Respecting other members – We ask that all members respect the privacy and
comfort of others in the venue, particularly with regard to phone calls and meetings in the public spaces.
10. Illegal drugs/substances/items – No member or guest shall purchase, use, ingest, possess, sell or otherwise distribute illegal drugs or other substances, or attempt to do any of the same with any member or guest.
11. Bills – Members may apply to set up a tab. Tabs must be cleared monthly, and members will be required to sign a receipt as a record of each bill.
12. Event Booking and Venue Maintenance – We may at times close all or part of Exton Hall to members and their guests for private events or for necessary maintenance, repair or redecoration work. We will advise members of this when they contact us to book their visit.
13. Accidents and injuries – If a member or guest has an accident or suffers any injury on the Exton Park estate, please report this as soon as possible to a member of staff and, in any event, within 24 hours of the incident. As well as wanting to check on a member or guest’s wellbeing, this information is needed in order to help us comply with our health and safety obligations and for insurance purposes.
14. Entering/leaving the estate – All members and their guests are asked to respect our nearby residents. Access to Exton Park is via the quiet village of Exton. Please drive slowly through the village. When you arrive at our gates, approach the intercom and press the button for ‘Office’. We will ask for the names of any members or guests with you, and you will be directed to park outside Exton Hall.
15. Animals – No animals will be allowed in the House except for legally recognized and certified service dogs.
16. CCTV – Members and their guests should be aware that for safety reasons, we use CCTV across our estate.
17. Smoking policy – No smoking (including e-cigarettes and vapes) is allowed inside Exton Hall at any time. Members will be directed to a dedicated smoking area.
18. Liability of Exton Park – All items brought onto the Exton Park estate are brought and left entirely at the risk of a member, or his or her guests. Exton Park, its servants and/or agents shall not be liable to any member or guest for any loss, damage or injury suffered by them or their property howsoever caused, save in respect of death or personal injury to a member or guest to the extent caused by the negligence of Exton Park, its servants and/or agents. This is not intended to affect any mandatory rights a member or guest may have under local law that we cannot legally restrict or exclude.
19. Interpretation of the rules – In the event of any dispute arising as to the meaning or interpretation of these rules, the matter shall be referred to the Membership Committee, whose decision with respect to your membership shall be final and without appeal. These rules shall be governed and construed in accordance with UK law and each member agrees to submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of local and UK courts.
20. Members may only use the public spaces in Exton Hall – comprising The Great Hall and The Mezzanine. These spaces are available from 9am to 5pm Monday to Friday for tea and coffee. All other rooms may be hired at a reduced rate for members.
21. We ask that all members call or email us at least 24 hours in advance to book their visit. There may be occasions when the hall is unavailable due to a prior event taking place.
22. If members require food during their visit to Exton Hall, our team must be notified at least 7 days prior to the date of the booking. Food and any cold or alcoholic beverages will be charged separately or added to your tab, according to your requirements. If pre-ordered meals or services are cancelled within the 7 day notice period, members will be required to pay for any costs incurred.
23. When visiting Exton Hall, members are not permitted to walk around the vineyard or winery without prior consent.
24. We encourage members to please avoid driving through the village of Exton when visiting Exton Park. There are alternative routes that bypass the village and will help to reduce any additional traffic.
25. Updates to the member’s rules will be communicated to members electronically from time to time as required.