About Exton Park:
Exton Park Vineyard is an innovative English Sparkling Wine producer based in Hampshire. Located in the village of Exton, we are within easy commutable distance from Winchester, Southampton, and Portsmouth. We are incredibly fortunate to have a beautiful 60-acre vineyard, as well as a state-of-the-art winery on-site, and have a small, passionate team at the heart of our business.
Having planted our first vines in 2003 and built our winery in 2011, we first released our wines to the market in 2015. Since then, we have rapidly established our brand as a quality Hampshire sparkling wine producer and continue to go from strength to strength. We work with wine distributors and award-winning restaurants (B2B), as well as selling our wines directly (B2C). In 2021 our new wine promotional building, Exton Hall was completed and will be the perfect venue to host clients and customers. At this exciting stage for our business, we are looking for a Financial Controller to have full oversight of the finance function, providing insight and support to the partners and Board members of Exton Park Vineyard LLP.
The responsibilities of the role will include, but are not limited to:
- Provide monthly management accounts on a timely basis
- Work with the Directors to prepare annual budgets and forecasts
- File appropriate regulatory reports
- Develop and maintain a professional relationship with the Company Accountants and Auditors
- Support the business in its commercial decision making through the provision of information and analysis of company performance
- Support month end and year end close processes
- Review costs and advise / negotiate with suppliers as necessary
- Interact with the Company’s Trustees as required.
We are looking for a pro-active, positive team member who can communicate with all levels of experience within the wider team. Ideal candidates will have a strong technical skill set around management reporting and delivery and proven working experience as a Financial Controller. An interest and knowledge in the wine industry, together with an understanding of the implication of bonded facilities would be preferred.
- Degree educated
- CIMA / ACCA qualification required
- Ideally, though not essential, worked in alcoholic drinks, and luxury (consumer goods)
- 10+ years’ experience
- Ideally experience of both management and commercial accounting
- Experience with Sage 50 accounting package preferred
- Managing Director (line manager)
- In-house Sales, Administration, Marketing, Vineyard, and Winery teams
- Board of Directors (Executive and Non-Executive members)
- Company Accountants and Auditors
£50,000 – £55,000 per annum pro rata (based on skills and experience). Pro rata: 15hrs per week initially.
Role Reports to:
Open to flexible working pattern, based on the 15hrs per week fulfilment, within core office hours of 8.30am to 5.00pm, Monday to Friday.
Based in office at Exton Park Vineyard, SO32 3NW.
Apply with CV to email@example.com
“The first time I tasted Exton Park I was astonished. The wine has a purity, clarity, but also an intensity of flavour and uniqueness of scent I'd never come across before.”Oz Clark - English Wine
“Exton Park and I share the same passion for quality, sustainability and local ingredients. Their winemaker, Corinne, mirrors the same level of precision and technique that I expect from the top chefs in my kitchens. This is why I selected Exton Park's Rosé for my restaurants.”Simon Rogan - 4 Michelin Star Chef
“Peaches and strawberries in effervescent perfection. Hampshire’s greatest hit.”Olly Smith - ITV Wine Critic, RB23 Rosé 2021
“Wines that are kaleidoscopically complex and exciting.”Jancis Robinson, 2021